Utreon video streaming issues can be caused by many factors. The most common culprits are intermittent or lost internet connections.
- An intermittent connection is when your modem/router drops your internet connection at random intervals but then resumes operating normally.
- A lost internet connection means that your device is no longer connected to the internet. There are several possible reasons for this, including technical problems with your Internet Service Provider, or a problem with your router, modem, or internet adapter. It could also be the result of a software problem on your device.
If you are having some sort of internet issues the video will just stop buffering the video will stop playing and you'll see a spinning black circle in the middle.
How to Troubleshoot Intermittent or Lost Connection Issues?
- Check your service provider service alerts
- Contact or visit your Internet service provider to find out if they are having any outages in your area.
- In most cases, this is just temporary, and normal service should resume.
- Restart your modem
- Unplug the modem's power cord, wait 30 seconds, and then plug it in again. Wait a few minutes and try using an Internet-connected device.
- Restart your device
- Restarting the phone, computer, or another personal device that is experiencing the intermittent connection might correct the issue.
- Reposition your modem
- Place your modem so it is out in the open and there are no physical obstructions that could be interfering with your WiFi signal.
How Fast Should my Internet connection be to Stream Videos?
The quality of your home or cell-phone network can affect how smoothly Utreon videos play, and whether videos play in HD.
The table below shows the approximate speeds recommended to play each video format. The actual speed that your device receives may vary from the number you see when you run an 'Internet speed test.' This is due to factors including WiFi performance, time of day, and how your ISP connects to Utreon. If there are multiple devices on your network, then the connection is shared between them which may reduce the speed that your device receives.
|Video Resolution||Recommended Sustained Speed|
|HD 1080p||5 Mbps|
|HD 720p||2.5 Mbps|
|SD 480p||1.1 Mbps|
|SD 360p||0.7 Mbps|