What are subscriptions?
Utreon allows you to monetize your channel with monthly subscriptions. Subscriptions are monthly recurring payments that are available in three tiers set at the following price points: USD 4.99, 9.99, and 24.99.
Subscriptions allow you to develop a predictable revenue stream without relying on ads or algorithms. Instead, your community can provide you with a sustainable source of revenue. This revenue is coming directly from your most passionate supporters, which gives you more freedom and independence than having to rely on advertisers.
Payments & Payouts
- Revenue Split: Creators receive 75% of paid subscription revenues – a higher share than both YouTube and Twitch. Utreon receives the remaining 25%. Utreon covers all credit card processing fees.
- Payout Cycle: Payouts are batched and made available 30 days after the end of the month. For example, earnings collected in the month of January are held for the month of February and released on March 1st.
- Minimum Payout: You must have earned a minimum of USD 50 before you are able to withdraw funds.
- Payout Methods: We currently support payouts using PayPal, ACH or Wire Transfer. Please note that creators are responsible for paying withdrawal and processing fees.
STEP 1: APPLY FOR MONETIZATION
- Email us at email@example.com with your channel name to request that your channel be monetized.
STEP 2: REGISTER FOR PAYOUT
- Once your account has been approved you will receive a confirmation email. It will include a form to provide us with payment details.
- Access to funds may be delayed or held due to fraud, TOS violations, and tax reporting reasons. In such cases, we communicate with creators in a timely manner to provide details.
- To protect creators we may block some customers’ charges if we believe them to be fraudulent.
- Charge-back fees and costs are deducted from the total reserve. Should charge-backs exceed 1% or occur frequently over the multiple payout periods we may suspend monetization pending an investigation.
- If your account goes into a negative balance due to refunds/charge-backs, future payments received will be used to recover those funds and bring your account back into a positive balance.
- Refund disputes are handled by Utreon Inc., if someone requests a refund for a subscription, a refund will be issued according to our refund policy.
- Potentially unauthorized transactions are investigated by Utreon on a case-by-case basis. When deemed appropriate, Utreon will issue a refund to the cardholder to protect you from charge-backs and mitigate potential harm to your account.
Q: When will I get paid out?
A: Payouts are batched for the month and are made available 30 days after the end of the month when revenue was made. For example, if you earn $50 in the month of June the funds will be available to you 30 days after the end of the month, which is on August 1st.
Q: Why are funds held for so long?
A: The main reason is to mitigate chargebacks and avoid situations that could cause your account balance to turn negative.
Q: How can I get paid?
A: For the US: We currently offer three payout methods: PayPal, ACH Payments, and Wire payments. For those in other countries: We offer payment through PayPal and Wire Payments.
Q: Why is payment taking so long to receive?
A: Payouts timeframes are not guaranteed and a number of factors can impact the speed of a transfer. These include the location, the receiving bank, the payment method, and the date it was sent out. Here are the estimated time frames for our current payout methods:
- ACH: 3 - 5 Business Days
- PayPal: 1 - 2 Business Days
- Wire: 1 - 3 Business Days
Q: What is the minimum amount that I can withdraw?
A: You must have earned a minimum of $50 before you are able to withdraw funds.
Q: How do I submit what payment method I want to use?
A: Once your account has been approved you will receive a confirmation email. It will include a form to provide us with payment details and request a preferred method of payment.
Q: How do I know how much I have made?
A: A summary report is sent out to all creators that have earned or have previous funds on the 1st of each month. If you have not earned any funds and do not have any funds available in your wallet, no report will be mailed to you. If you have any questions about your balance, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Where are these reports sent?
A: The email address associated with your account will be used for all subscription reports.
Q: Do you charge fees for payouts?
A: Utreon uses a third-party service to administer the payouts. This third party charges transfer fees for each withdrawal, and also when payments are rejected. The fees are based on the type of payout method you select and will be deducted from the total sent. The fees schedule is as follows:
- Direct Deposit/ACH: $5.00
- Wire: $30.00
- PayPal: $0.00